What We Believe
We are a Christian church reflecting Pentecostal and Reformed traditions. We are a part of the family of Australian Christian Churches in Australia (formerly Assemblies of God). Our beliefs and doctrinal basis are summarised here. We believe in:
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- The existence of one God in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The deity and incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God, the second person of the Holy Trinity.
- The fallen, sinful and lost state of all people.
- The salvation of men and women from the penal consequences and power of sin through the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ, His atoning death, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His unchanging priesthood.
- The immediate work of the Holy Spirit in the regeneration of men and women, in their sanctification, and in their preservation to the heavenly Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity, in order to know salvation, of repentance towards God and of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of the dead, and the final judgment of all people by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The two ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ, namely Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which are of perpetual obligation: Baptism being the immersion of believers upon the profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and a symbol of the fellowship of the regenerate in His death, burial and resurrection; the Lord’s Supper being a memorial, until He comes, of the sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present day operation of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12), His motivational gifts (Romans 12) and His ministry gits (Ephesians 4).
- We believe that we can trust God as Heavenly Father for divine healing of our bodies from sickness and disease. (Exodus 15:26; Psalms 103:3; Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:17-18; 1 Peter 2:24; James 5:14-15).
- According to His promise, we look forward to the life to come, for new heavens and a new earth in which the goodness of God dwells” (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation chapters 21-22).